The Cabinda Superior Council informs the people of Cabinda to remain vigilant about the global epidemic caused by the coronavirus, declared by the World Health Organization as a pandemic. The disease caused by this virus is called (COVID-19).
The virus has already affected almost every country in the world, with more than 266,100 people infected worldwide and has caused more than 11,100 deaths. The same has also been detected in many African countries, including the two Congos, which directly border the territory of Cabinda.
Governments around the world are taking action to fight this pandemic, closing borders, isolating infected people and quarantining suspicious people, to prevent its spread.
The High Council of Cabinda takes this opportunity to appeal to the people of Cabinda to follow the instructions and combat measures announced by the health authorities and the World Health Organization (WHO):
- Avoid physical contact and maintain a certain distance in conversations with another person;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask in public places;
- Wash your hands with soap and dry with absorbent paper;
- Constantly disinfect your hands with an alcogel;
- Do not touch your face when you are outside in risky areas;
- Do not participate in events that gather more than 10 people;
- Stay more at home with the family and avoid physical contact between family members;
- When a family member has symptoms of fever, cough, flu and sore throat, he should isolate himself in a room so as not to infect others, then immediately contact the medical team for a appropriate testing and monitoring;
We reiterate our commitment to defend humanity, showing solidarity with the people of Cabinda and the world. We support the decision to close the borders and call on local authorities to monitor the movement of people between Luanda and Cabinda to prevent the export of the virus to our territory.
The Cabinda Superior Council promises to continue to follow the situation closely, so that together we can fight for the eradication of this harmful pandemic.
May GOD PROTECT THE PEOPLE CABINDA
GENERAL EXECUTIVE SECRETARIAT, MARCH 20, 2020
Download the press release in Portuguese : COMUNICADO CORONAVIRUS